Magento 2 Delete Account extension allows Magento customers to remove their account and delete the details permanently from Magento 2 store.
Table of Content
- Extract the zip folder and upload our extension to the root of your Magento 2 directory via FTP.
- Login to your SSH and run below commands step by step:
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- For Magento version 2.0.x to 2.1.x - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- For Magento version 2.2.x & above - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy –f
- php bin/magento cache:flush
- That’s it.
To configure the extension, log in to Magento backend, move to Stores > Configuration > Delete Account where you can find various settings to configure the extension.
- Delete Account: Enable or disable the Delete Account extension from here.
- Email Sender: Select the Email sender from the drop-down list.
- Email Template: Select template for delete account confirmation Email sent to customers.
- Delete Account in Frontend
Once you have configured the extension successfully, customers will be able to delete their account from “My Account” section as shown below. Check the “Delete My Account” checkbox and submit the account deletion request.
- The following submission success message will be displayed.
- Delete Account Confirmation Email
Once the customers submit the delete account request, delete account confirmation Email will be sent with a confirmation link. On clicking this link, the account will be deleted permanently.