Table of Content
- Extract the zip folder and upload our extension to the root of your Magento 2 directory via FTP.
- Login to your SSH and run below commands step by step:
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- For Magento version 2.0.x to 2.1.x - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- For Magento version 2.2.x & above - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy –f
- php bin/magento cache:flush
- That’s it.
For configuring the extension, log in to Magento 2, move to Stores > Currency Switcher where you can find various settings to enable the import and export functionality for reviews.
- Currency Switcher: Enable the Currency Switcher extension as shown below.
- Currency Switcher in Frontend
The extension identifies the GeoIP location of the user using the Maxmind database and shows the currency of the products accordingly. Here are some of the examples of web page visits from the different IP addresses of various countries and currency is auto switched based on the IP addresses.
- Page Visit from USA
The extension identifies the IP address from US and hence the price is displayed in USD.
- Page Visit from the UK
The extension identifies the IP address from UK and displays the price in Euro.
- Page Visit from India
In this case, the visitor is from India, which is identified from the IP address, and hence the price of the product is displayed in INR.