Magento KNET Payments integrates Kuwait's most popular KNET payment gateway with Magento to accept secure online payments in your Magento stores.
Table of Content
- How to Apply for KNET Payment Gateway Registration
- Extension Installation Guide
- KNET Payments in Frontend
You need to sign up with any of the member banks to use KNET payment gateway in your website. After successful signup, merchants have to go a certification process to ensure the successful integration of the gateway with the website. The certification process takes maximum 2 weeks of testing. Apart from this certification, merchants have to obtain a digital certificate from any authorities. After the certification, KNET notifies the acquiring bank with the result and the date from when the merchant can start using KNET payment gateway.
- Extension Installation
To install the KNET Payments extension in Magento environment, the below technical requirements needs to be fulfilled:
- Secured web/application server:
The merchant must acquire a certificate from a certificate authority in order to do e-commerce transactions with KNET Payment Gateway.
- Network and SSL:
The web server of Magento 2 store should have a valid SSL certificate in order to have KNET server receive the transactions. KNET is currently running with Verisign Extended Validation SSL.
Valid SSL certificate issuers for KNET to accept the transaction:
KNET will not provide SSL certificate to merchants.
- Security configuration:
The https port of the Magento 2 web server should be made accessible to the KNET Payment Gateway Server. KNET will only accept https communication between the KNET Payment Gateway (Port: 443) and a merchant website. This is because the authorization details sent to merchant’s web server are sensitive details like the password.
- Configuration for the Magento 2 plugin:
The Magento 2 plug-in contains the alias name, merchant’s resource file and a class file. The path to the merchant’s resource file and the alias should be specified for the payment initialization page. Name of the class file is e24PaymentPipe.inc.php, which should be included in the payment initialization page
- Extension Installation:
- Upload or copy all folders in the zip package to your Magento root folder. It doesn’t overwrite any existing files but just adds new files to the folder structure.
- Once done, log in your Magento admin panel, go to System > Cache Management, select all caches and refresh.
- Navigate to Sales > Payment Methods, if you can see the KNET Payment method, it is installed properly.
- If you get access denied error, you need to log out admin panel and log in again.
Note: After successful registration, KNET bank will provide you a zip having resource.cgn file, don’t forget to add or replace this file in the Magento root under knet folder.
For configuring the extension, log in to Magento 2, move to Sales > Payments Method where you can find various settings to enable the extension.
- KNET Payments: Set “YES” to enable the payment method.
- Alias: Enter alias provided by KNET during registration.
- Payment Language: Set language of the payment.
- Sort Order: Enter Sort Order of the payment method display in frontend.
- KNET Payments in Frontend
While checking out the products, opting KNET will provide making payments through the gateway.
- Adding Card Details
Add card details and click the submit button as shown here.
- Confirm Card Details
Click the confirm button to confirm.