Magento 2 MTN Pay integrates Uganda's popular MTN payment gateway with Magento 2 using Billmap API to capture secure online payments.
Table of Content
- Extract the zip folder and upload our extension to the root of your Magento 2 directory via FTP.
- Login to your SSH and run below commands step by step:
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- For Magento version 2.0.x to 2.1.x - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- For Magento version 2.2.x & above - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy –f
- php bin/magento cache:flush
- That’s it.
For configuring the extension, log in to Magento 2, move to Sales > Payments Methods > MTN Pay where you can find various settings to enable the extension.
- Enabled: Set “YES” to enable the payment method.
- Title: Set the title for the payment method to be displayed in the frontend.
- Show MTN Logo: Set YES to show MTN logo along with the payment method in the frontend.
- Sandbox Mode: Select YES to enable sandbox mode.
- Code: Enter the code provided by the MTN gateway to identify your account.
- Password: Enter the password for the payment gateway account.
Note: While switching from the staging mode to live mode, click on “Continue With Integration” button above and check the checkbox for both the successful and failed transactions and pass the IPN URL for both and click NEXT. You can replace the IPN URL below with your own details.
IPN URL for Successful Transactions:
IPN URL for Failed Transactions:
- Instructions: Add instructions to show along with the payment method in the frontend.
- Sort Order: Enter Sort Order of the payment method display in frontend.
- MTN Pay in Frontend
Once the payment method is configured, MTN payment method is shown on the frontend while checking out the products. Just enter MTN phone number and click to place order.
- MTN Pay in “My Account” section
Once the order is placed, the MTN payment method details are shown in the Account dashboard, in “My Orders” tab which includes method response code, response message, EWP transaction ID, and Bill Map transaction ID.
- MTN Pay in Backend
The Order View backend shows the payment information to admin. It displays the payment method name, response code, response message, EWP transaction ID, and Bill Map transaction ID.