Magento Delete Account extension allows Magento customers to request and confirm delete customer account permanently from the Magento store.
Table of Content
- Upload or copy all folders in the zip package to your Magento root folder. It doesn’t overwrite any existing files but just adds new files to the folder structure.
- Once done, log in your Magento admin panel, go to System > Cache Management, select all caches and refresh.
- Navigate to System > Configuration, if you can see the extension tab, it is installed properly.
- If you get Access denied error, you need to log out admin panel and log in again.
To configure the extension, log in to Magento backend, move to System > Configuration > Delete Account where you can find various settings to configure the extension.
- Delete Account: Enable or disable the Delete Account extension from here.
- Email Sender: Select the Email sender from the drop-down list.
- Email Template: Select template for delete account confirmation Email sent to customers.
- Delete Account in Frontend
Once you have configured the extension successfully, customers will be able to delete their account from “My Account” section as shown below. Check the “Delete My Account” checkbox and submit the account deletion request.
- The following submission success message will be displayed.
- Delete Account Confirmation Email
Once the customers submit the delete account request, delete account confirmation Email will be sent with a confirmation link. On clicking this link, the account will be deleted permanently.