Magento 2 MTN Pay by Meetanshi integrates Uganda's popular MTN payment gateway with Magento 2 via QoSIC to capture secure online payments.
Table of Content
- Extract the zip folder and upload our extension to the root of your Magento 2 directory via FTP.
- Log in to your SSH and run below commands step by step:
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- For Magento version 2.0.x to 2.1.x - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- For Magento version 2.2.x & above - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy –f
- php bin/magento cache:flush
- That’s it.
For configuring the extension, log in to Magento 2, move to Sales > Payments Methods > MTN Pay where you can find various settings to enable the extension.
- Enabled: Set “YES” to enable the payment method.
- Title: Set the title for the payment method to be displayed in the frontend.
- Show MTN Logo: Set YES to show MTN logo along with the payment method in the frontend.
- Sandbox Mode: Select YES to enable sandbox mode.
- User Name: Enter the user name provided by QoSIC.
- Password: Enter the password provided by QoSIC.
- Customer ID: Enter customer ID provided by QoSIC.
- Request Payment URL: Enter request payment URL for the transactions.
- Get Transaction State URL: Enter transaction state URL.
- Request Refund URL: Enter request refund URL for the transactions.
- Payment From Applicable Countries: Select countries to allow using this payment method.
- Instructions: Add instructions to show along with the payment method in the frontend.
- Sort Order: Enter Sort Order of the payment method display in frontend.
- MTN Pay in Frontend
Once the payment method is configured, MTN payment method is shown on the frontend while checking out the products. Just enter MTN phone number and click to place order.
- MTN Pay in “My Account” section
Once the order is placed, the MTN payment method details are shown in the Account dashboard, in “My Orders” tab which includes method response code, response message.
- MTN Pay in Backend
The Order View backend shows the payment information to admin. It displays the payment method name, response code, response message, EWP transaction ID, and Bill Map transaction ID.