Magento Recent Sales Notification extension helps lure visitors to the store's trending products by enabling the "Someone recently purchased" notification popup in real-time.
Table of Content
- Upload or copy all folders in the zip package to your Magento root folder. It doesn’t overwrite any existing files but just adds new files to the folder structure.
- Once done, log in your Magento admin panel, go to System > Cache Management, select all caches and refresh.
- Navigate to System > Configuration, if you can see the extension tab, it is installed properly.
- If you get Access denied error, you need to log out admin panel and log in again.
To configure the extension, login to Magento backend, move to System > Configuration > Recent Sales Notification where you can find various settings to configure the extension.
- Recent Sales Notification: Enable the recent sales notification extension from here.
- Show notification popup in: Select option to show notification popup either in desktop, mobile or both.
- Popup position: Set popup display position in the frontend.
- Show Orders in Notification with Order status: Select order status to show recent orders in the popup.
- Number of recent orders to show: Set number of recent orders to show in the notification popup.
- Popup Notification Text: Enter custom notification text to show in the popup.
- Enable Close Button on Popup: Set YES to allow users close popup from the frontend.
- Popup Display Time: Set the popup display time. This is the time until which the popup keeps showing.
- Popup Display Delay Time: Set the popup display delay time. This is the interval between the display of two popups.
- Background Color: Set background color to design the popup in the frontend.
- Text Color: Set border color to design the popup in the frontend.
- Link Color: Set link color to design the popup in the frontend.
- Link Hover Color: Set link hover color to design the popup in the frontend.
- Recent Sales Notification in Frontend
The extension, once configured, displays the recent sales notification popup to store visitors, having the details of the recent orders. The popup view has the image and text side by side. A visitor can click the image and product name to land to the product page and can also close the popup if it annoys him! The information regarding the product and purchase is included in the notification popup.