Magento 2 Order Tracking extension allows customers to check the status of their orders using order ID and Email address without having to log in.
Table of Content
- Extract the zip folder and upload our extension to the root of your Magento 2 directory via FTP.
- Login to your SSH and run below commands step by step:
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- For Magento version 2.0.x to 2.1.x - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- For Magento version 2.2.x & above - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy –f
- php bin/magento cache:flush
- That’s it.
For configuring the extension, log in to Magento 2, move to Stores > Configuration where you can find various settings to enable the extension.
- Order Tracking: Enable or disable the extension from here.
- Add link to Top Link: Set “YES” to add order tracking link in Top Link section.
- Add link to Top Menu: Set “YES” to add order tracking link in Top Menu.
- Send Order Tracking Link in Email: Set “YES” to send order tracking link in order confirmation Email.
- Custom Validation Message: Set custom validation message for unavailable order tracking information.
- Order Tracking in Frontend
Once you have configured the extension successfully, the Order Tracking link will be shown in the frontend. The “Track Your Order” link is displayed in the top link section and top menu. Add Order ID and Email ID in the Order Tracking section and click “Track Order” button to get the order and shipment tracking information with the tracking number and shipping method.
- Custom Validation Message
Whenever Order ID, Email ID doesn’t match or order information is unavailable, the extension will show validation or error message.
- Order Tracking Link in Email
The extension allows sending the Order Tracking link in the Order Confirmation Email which allows tracking their order, as shown: