Table of Content
- Extract the zip folder and upload our extension to the root of your Magento 2 directory via FTP.
- Login to your SSH and run below commands step by step:
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- For Magento version 2.0.x to 2.1.x - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- For Magento version 2.2.x & above - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy –f
- php bin/magento cache:flush
- That’s it.
For configuring the extension, log in to Magento 2, move to Stores > Configuration > PayPal Multi Currency where you can find various settings to enable the extension.
- PayPal Multi Currency: Enable or disable the extension from here.
- Base Currency Setup
Default Magento 2 requires to set up store’s base currency to show product prices in. If your store is new and you haven’t set up the base currency, you can setup it from here.
- Base Currency: Setup store base currency, here it is set up as USD.
- Default Display Currency: Set default display currency to show product prices.
- Allowed Currencies: Select all the allowed currencies to be used by customers.
- Currency chosen for Order Checkout in Frontend
From frontend, customers choose their preferred payment currency either from cart or checkout. Here, for example, the customer has selected Euro as the order currency.
- PayPal Redirection:
The default behavior of Magento 2 is to redirect to PayPal by replacing the selected currency (Euro) to the base currency (USD). But with the extension, it redirects and allows to pay with the preferred payment currency on the PayPal. One such example is shown here: