Magento 2 Facebook Chat integrates Facebook messenger with Magento 2 to provide live chat support and easy communication to the users.
Table of Content
- Extension Installation
- Extract the zip folder and upload our extension to the root of your Magento 2 directory via FTP.
- Login to your SSH and run below commands step by step:
- php bin/magento cache:flush
- For Magento version 2.2.x & above- php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
- For Magento version 2.0.x to 2.1.x - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- That’s it.
- Some of the Facebook Page Settings you must take care of:
- Open the Facebook Page and navigate to Settings > Page Info
- Under Hours, make sure that the “Always Open” option is selected as shown below.
- Facebook App ID: Facebook App ID can be obtained from https://developers.facebook.com/apps
- Facebook Page ID: When you create a new Facebook page, the page ID is given. If you want to find the page ID of the already existing page, visit the page and check the URL. The characters in the URL after the page name is your page ID.
For example, the URL is https://www.facebook.com/Test-Business-2387482487989307
Here the name of the page is “Test Business” and the digits 2387482487989307 is the page ID.
Or, you can get the Page ID from the Page “About” section under “More Info”
- Moreover, under Messenger Platform tab, scroll down to General Settings. There is a setting to “Link your App to your Page” where you have to enter your app ID and link it. Also, enter the name of the domain of your store.
For configuring the extension, log in to Magento 2, move to Stores > Configuration > Facebook Chat where you can find various settings to enable the extension.
- Facebook Chat: Enable Facebook Chat extension.
- Facebook App ID: Enter the Facebook App ID.
- Facebook Page ID: Enter the Facebook Page ID.
- Theme Color: Set the theme color for the Facebook chat window.
- Login Greeting Text: Set greeting text to show when the users when they login the Facebook messenger.
- Logout Greeting Text: Set greeting text to show when the users when they logout the Facebook messenger.
- Facebook Chat in Frontend
Once the extension is configured, Facebook chat button gets enabled in the frontend. Whenever a user login to Facebook messenger to start the chat, they are welcomed with the login greeting text.
- Facebook Chat Theme
Immediately after a user starts the chat, the Facebook Chat window is shown with the selected theme color.
- Facebook Logout Greeting
Once the chat is over and the user logs out from the Facebook messenger, he is greeted with the logout greeting text.