Magento 2 Improved Sorting extension offers an easy to use catalog sorting options such as best sellers, ratings, top rated, most reviewed, etc. to the customers in order to enrich their shopping experience.
Table of Content
- Extract the zip folder and upload our extension to the root of your Magento 2 directory via FTP.
- Login to your SSH and run below commands step by step:
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- For Magento version 2.0.x to 2.1.x - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- For Magento version 2.2.x & above - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy –f
- php bin/magento cache:flush
- That’s it.
For configuring the extension, log in to Magento 2, move to Stores > Configuration > Improved Sorting where you can find various settings to enable the extension.
- Improved Sorting: Enable the Improved Sorting extension from here.
- Sorting Options: Select options to enable sort functionality and show in the “Sort By” dropdown on the category page.
- Improved Sorting in Frontend
Once the extension is enabled and sorting options are enabled from the backend, all the sort options are seen in the “Sort By” dropdown on the category page in the frontend.
- Product Sorting - Example
Select any of the sorting options from the dropdown and you can see products rearranged accordingly. Here the image shows product sorting enabled based on stock quantity. The same way you can sort products based on the following options:
- Date of Product Creation
- Most Viewed
- Average Ratings
- Number of Reviews
- Most Wishlisted
- Recently Ordered